Top Engagement Marketing Tips for Small Business Owners
I recently completed a presentation about engagement marketing to a group of small business owners, advertising professionals, and (a) university professor(s). I’m always asked about what Engagement Marketing means and tips for success. Here are a few suggestions, I offered to this group:
Engagement Marketing is….
- Quick Response (within an hour, preferably)
- Consistent (scheduled updates with tools such as Hootsuite or Tweetdeck)
- Extensive Research (from search results) = Content
- Open convo with customers (no longer a one-sided conversation such as traditional media)
- Graphic Search Results (please Google this!)
- Add visuals based on results from Graphic Search (hint hint: buyer personas)
- Tagging others (shows up on their Newsfeed & others)
- “Liking” & Commenting Quickly
- Reach paid Ads through Power Editor (read more, here)
- Twitter Advanced Search (twitter.com/search-advanced)
- Search by #, keywords, location
- Read New Follower’s Bio, “Thanks for the follow,” find common theme to spark a discussion
- Tweetchat (scheduled conversations where individuals discuss products, services, or interests)
- Create “lists” where you can separate potential customers, past, etc.
I have more tips, please contact me if you’re interested in starting a conversation with your customers! 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.