Branding being Sustainable
I remember the first time I was called a tree-hugger. I didn’t know what that meant. I was in college and visiting a farm in Ocala, FL sitting under a tree with Spanish Moss and the person I was shadowing said that to me. I can’t remember what I shared with her at that time but I love to recycle, I often wish the recycling bin was the same size of the garbage can.
Tips from a webinar that made an impact for me
I learned so much from LinkedIn Marketing Solutions (hour and a half) webinar: Sustainability Forward: How Brands Engage. I’ll be sharing key takeaways below, really liked the info on keywords/hashtags/cheatsheet (see below)!
- 36% of LinkedIn Members report that seeing a company committed to sustainability influences their purchase-decision
- 41% of LinkedIn users want brands/corporations to be more transparent about their sustainability practices/policies.
- Companies that post sustainability content at least 1-3 times in the last 6 months generated more followers than companies that do not.
- Member engagement with sustainability topics will continue to grow – a 2.5x increase since the pandemic’s start.
- Green Talent in the Global Workforce has an annual cumulative growth rate of 38%, and Millennials make up most of it.
- See image below for popular hashtags:
Telling your Story
I heard Prina Virji (at LinkedIn, see below), talk about the webinar ahead of time in the MarketingSmarts podcast called How to Become a Trusted Voice in the Sustainability Conversation but this cheatsheet she provided during the webinar might be useful if you are managing the brand for a company.
What was the biggest takeaway for you? What is your action item? I asked in the chat box during the webinar about sharing these insights, they came from LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.
I’ll be wrapping up next in-person Social Media workshop this month. Hope you can join me, its on Social Selling!
Call me or email me if you have questions.
- Exclusive: Nancy Harhut interview
- Featured in The Dan Nestle Show
- Hype Girl for Book Launch Party
- “Quiet thriving” strategies for Marketers
- Takeaways from attending a Holiday AI Art Party
You must log in to post a comment.