8 things learned in 8 years of business
First off, I’ve learned more than 8 things but here are my top 8:
- Sending a hand-written card: thank you, birthday, congratulations goes a long way, it will separate you from others and make you memorable (if done right).
- Cultivate Relationships: take the time to really get to know people, ask about their birthdays, favorite foods, etc.
- Network, network, network! When you attend function, don’t just try to talk with everyone, have a goal of having at least one meaningful conversation with someone.
- Educate yourself, stay active in learning new skills. Subscribe to newsletters, get that monthly subscription box in the mail, use your library card!
- Be a member of a professional organization, local Chamber of Commerce, etc; it is fun to be surrounded with others who are willing to invest in themselves and their businesses
- Get involved with your community, it really adds more meaning into what you do. I’m obsessed with my local Rotary Club.
- Follow up! I recently read: 80% of people will say “No” 5 times before they say yes.
- Take a break. Find time to be creative. Unplug.
Bonus: you don’t know what someone might be going through that day, every interaction with your customer is an experience, so I always keep this quote in mind:
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Dr. Maya Angelou
Finally, are you stuck on marketing your business on social media? Why not connect with me for a coaching session? Or see my list of Public Speaking Engagements for Bootcamps and Workshops near you.
You must log in to post a comment.