Busy Small Business Owner? Overwhelmed about the upcoming holidays? Want to promote your promos/deals online? Here are tips that take
maybe one hour to promote your holidays offers on Social Media. This is what you need to do NOW:
- 10 minutes: Take pictures of your business, such as the building (make it pretty), the products, and/or services that you offer.
- Get outside of your business! Go to a local coffee shop and pop that laptop/tablet open.
- 5 minutes: Brainstorm your promos, such as BOGO items
- 5 minutes: Download Tweetdeck or Hootsuite. These programs help you schedule your Facebook posts/tweets ahead of time.
- 15 minutes: Start scheduling your promos/deals, try doing it for morning, lunch, and evening hours.
- 20 minutes: Add visuals such as pictures to your Facebook posts. If you’re in a new location or hard to find one, post pictures of the building/streets. If you’re in retail add some flair to your pictures by editing pictures with PicMonkey
- 5 minutes: Add hashtags (#) for tweets and Facebook posts. Hashtags are like keywords people can search for such as #Makeup #Fashion #YourCity #Promos #Industry (More details below)
Things to keep in mind:
- Don’t oversell, or post too often, or all at once, thats why there’s the schedule button!
- Make sure your pictures are clean, simple, and with a white background
- You can add Pinterest or Instagram into the mix, treat it like Twitter when it comes to the content (Hashtag happy/short but sweet) but like Facebook with great visuals (i.e. I’ll provide an example below)
“We’ll be having #BOGO 20% off on Doggie #StockingStuffers #Treats on Friday. Just mention you saw it on #Pinterest or #Instagram #Pets #JohnsonCity #PetHoliday #Woof #Dog”
Still stuck on Hashtags? Here’s a great list of Hashtags based on your industry (and yes, people actually use these and search for these, so USE THEM!)
WHY……..Invest in Social media? Especially now??? Here’s why:
- Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision. (Source: Nielsen)
- Social media produces almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC. (Source: HubSpot)
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within 1 hour. (Source: American Express)
- “Revenue per Pin in Dec 2012 was $0.64. On average a retailer generated 64 cents in sales for every pin that originated from their profile or website. Pinterest receives 100M+ new pins every day. At 64 cents a pin – Pinterest is generating billions of dollars worth of e-commerce sales per month.” (Source: Piqora)