Did you know that Facebook organic reach is about 2% or less. If you’re trying to attract new audiences to your congregation or keep the dialogue going to your current ones, you’ll want make sure you have completed this to-do list. To keep your Facebook “likes” informed and up to speed with your organization.
Facebook is constantly adding new updates to their page but having a consistent plan is important.
- Who will manage your Facebook? (secretary, member, yourself?)
- The updates? (such as upcoming lessons, community events, church events?)
- How much time will this person allocate on a weekly basis?
Branding…this to change quarterly or when the seasons change:
- Your Profile Picture (do you want your logo, front of church, or inside church for this picture?)
- Your Cover Photo (95% of the people who like your Facebook Page won’t return to your Page)
- About Section (new hours, new services, new staff members, contact info?)
New tools on Facebook:
- Have an upcoming event that you want people to find as the first post on Facebook Timeline? Click or Search for “Pin to Top”
- Go to Settings, then Messaging, there you can edit your your away messages, create custom messages, and even an instant greeting with personalization options too (depending on your work hours).
- Go to Settings, then Edit Page, there you edit the template of your organizations’ page and move the tabs to highlight what you want visitors to see and view when on your Facebook Page
- Go to Settings, then Page Roles, to add other people to manage your Facebook Page (time to delegate)
- Go to Settings, then Preferred Page Audience, there you can manage the type of people you want to see your updates (by interest, location, and age)
Would you like to learn more? Why not connect with me for a coaching session?
Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez, MBA is an award winning young professional. She has a background in sales and has been using social media platforms professionally since 2009. Her experiences stem from years of staying current on the latest in industry news, handling customer objectives, and creating a solid social media marketing plan.
Call 855-880-5082 or email at Valentina@Beyond-Engagement.com to learn more about her services.