I don’t think
enough local small businesses & nonprofit organizations are taking advantage of the potential engagement activity of Instagram. Here are few tips to know BEFORE getting started.
Visuals are key, how much you ask? Did you know:
- Likes increase by 24% if the dominant color is blue*
- Photos with faces in them get 38% more likes and 32% more comments*
- The “Mayfair” filter generates the most likes and comments*
- Instagram videos receive twice the engagement of photos*
*I received the above information at the conference from Jenn’s Trends.
I can’t put enough emphasis on the power of storytelling with the usage of Instagram (click here for a recent post: “Why Local Brick and Mortar Business Should be on Instagram“)
- You can post behind the scenes pictures and use teasers for an upcoming event.
- Using hashtags you can find other potential fans or advocates. I’m always using hashtags with the name of the city/state that I reside in to find new connections or see what is going on around town.
- Could also use this info for ways to partner up with other businesses or people.
The possibilities are vast! What is stopping you from using Instagram? I would like to know! Time? (Freebie Tip: You can post on Instagram and the image can be sent to Facebook & Twitter at the same time).
Want more information? We really want to serve you. We can help you business in many ways! We personally manage social media for our clients, or we teach their employees/staff optimization strategies, we also offer one-on-one training for professionals.
Call 855-880-5082 or email at Valentina@Beyond-Engagement.com.