I’ve had a few college students majoring in Marketing approach me recently for interview advice. My answer is are you ready for questions? Yes. You need to know the answer to several questions before your interview. Disclosure: I’m not a Human Resources professional, just a curious Marketer. If I was headed to an interview with anyone, I would ask myself these questions.
Before your Interview:
- What are the current number of followers on all the platforms for this company/organization?
- What kind of social media updates do they post? (Educational, Informative, Entertaining)
- How often do they post?
For your Interviewer (towards the end or throughout your interview):
- Tell me more about your culture? (it will help with your posting to know what is acceptable)
- How you train your employees? Do you invest in continuing education (online trainings, webinars, etc)? Do you send employees to Marketing conferences?
- How do you measure success in social media (likes, engagement, etc) for the prospective intern?
- Depending on the Industry – What are buyer personas (current and prospective customers)?
If you currently monitor or are an admin for a Business Page on Facebook, find out how many followers you had when you first had access to the account and what number have you’ve grown it to?
Would you like to learn more? Why not connect with me for a coaching session?
Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez, MBA is an award winning young professional. She has a background in sales and has been using social media platforms professionally since 2009. Her experiences stem from years of staying current on the latest in industry news, handling customer objectives, and creating a solid social media marketing plan.
Call 855-880-5082 or email at Valentina@Beyond-Engagement.com to learn more about her services.