Ghost Apps (hidden, also called “volt” apps), Sexting, and Online Predators are the latest things parents of “tweens”/teens have to worry about. I recently hosted a speaking engagement at a local church discussing these issues and tips.
Here are a few of the takeaways (links included):
- Ghost or “Volt” Apps – Search for Calculator% and Best Secret Folder
- Parents: Check Apps Purchased (or downloaded), Check for Redundancy, Get Parent Controls, Start a Conversation (more about that at the bottom)
- Tips for Parents about Online Predators – Keeping Them Safe (from TeenSafe)
- How Predators Contact your Children & How to Beat this Method (from TeenSafe)
- Everything A Parent Needs to Know About Snapchat (from TeenSafe)
- Everything a Parent Needs to Know About KIK (from TeenSafe)
- Everything a Parent Needs to Know About YikYak (from TeenSafe)
- Cell Phone Parental Control Software Reviews, Top 10 Products for 2016
- “Mentoring is more powerful than monitoring.” – By Devorah Heitner, PhD, founder Raising Digital Natives
- E-book – “The TeenSafe Parenting Guide to Tech Safety” http://www.teensafe.com/blog/teensafe-parenting-guide-tech-safety
- I just purchased: American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers by Nancy Jo Sales (Stay tuned for a review post)
*Local TV Station recently reported about Ghost Apps too!
If you need help with Social Media as a business, I could help! I personally manage social media for my clients, or teach their employees/staff optimization strategies, I also offer one-on-one training for professionals who call themselves “dinosaurs” to stay up-to-date in their careers.
Call 855-880-5082 or email at Valentina@Beyond-Engagement.com.