This is the continuation of a blog series based on information I obtained from Largest Online Social Media Conference: Sixth-Annual Social Media Success Summit 2014. Over 40 hours of the biggest names in Social Media giving their best advice to an audience of over 3,000! Tips below from Cynthia Sanchez.
September 2012 to September 2013 Pinterest drove more referral traffic to publishers than Twitter, Reddit, & LinkedIn combined!
What You Need to Do Now!
- Add your unique name to the profile page and add a hypen explaining what it is about (i.e. Beyond Engagement – Social Media Solutions)
- FYI!!! The image icon has Changed from a Square to Circle, 200 px x 200 px (make sure your logo and blurb isn’t cut off by the circle shape)
- Add a description (full of rich keywords, explained more below)
- Verify your Website
- Board Placement is important (first two are seen completely, change the order by “grabbing & dropping”)
- Add a Huge Chunk of Text in the Description, people are searching for your material based on your keywords, choose them wisely!
- Started in late August: Pinterest is filtering the HomeFeed
- Make a unique hashtag relevant to your business (but Pinterest doesn’t index all hashtags)
- Add “Rich Pins“
- You can send messages to those who follow you, a potential customer?
- Check your Analytics by visiting Analytics.Pinterest.com (get ideas what other have “pinned” from you the most)
- See this link for 36 Free Tools for Creating Unique Images
- Finally: Promote your Pinterest Page on your other Social Accounts
This Is NOT ALLOWED on Pinterest:
- Prices, Promos, Improper Grammar, Multiple Hashtags (this isn’t Instagram, people!)
- Commercial Call-to-Actions (CTAs) i.e. “Buy Now”
- CTAs telling Pinners to do Something on Pinterest i.e. “Click Here”
Want more information? We really want to serve you. We can help your business in many ways! We personally manage social media for our clients, or we teach their employees/staff optimization strategies, we also offer one-on-one training for professionals who call themselves “dinosaurs” to stay up-to-date in their careers.
Call 855-880-5082 or email at Valentina@Beyond-Engagement.com.