Introverts might ask themselves why invest the time & resources on Social Media? For every $1 invested in social selling, the ROI is $5 – SuperOffice
If you agree with the meme on the left, you know that spending time on Social Media is hard to quantify.
Luckily there is data to show you which platform to invest your time based on your target audiences ages.
Before getting started on any social media, I highly recommend double checking that you have:
- Professional Profile Picture
- Completed Bio (Make it Unique: What are you a fan of, do you volunteer, what is your hobby?)
- Up to Date picture or descriptions on latest products or services
- Post Pictures/Videos Consistently
Here are some tips on each platform that help you increase your reach or engagement with your audiences:
Advanced Search: This feature is useful to search for influencers, keywords, and topics based on your location. You start searching for followers, engage with them by replying to tweets or “like” their tweets.
Other recommendations including scheduling your tweets in advanced by using Hootsuite, creating a list of users based on interest by using Tweetdeck to monitor their tweets, participating in tweet chats where you can engage with a community of individuals based on a topic. I usually spend up to 20 minutes a day monitoring the tweets of users that I follow, tweeting updates or articles about Social Media, and or “liking” the tweets of others.
I always encourage using an updated profile picture of yourself, cover photo that is thought provoking or using your logo, changing your headline every 6 months to a year. I also encourage users to “connect” (request an invite to connect) with individuals through desktop because mobile invites create a generic message that isn’t personalized to the person you with whom you are trying to connect .
Join and participate in groups, follow company pages, post status updates of topics related to your industry but when you engage with others by liking their posts remember that …. LinkedIn displays what you are “liking” , sharing, and possibly commenting online with your connections. If you want to see the updates from a specific profile you can go to the three dots on their profile and click “follow” where you can obtain alerts whenever they post on LinkedIn.
Your Power Tools:
- Facebook (Community) Groups. Be active!
- Get Notifications from individuals whenever they post by opting in to their status updates. Check their profile, under “Following” click “See First” to see first on your NewsFeed when they post updates.
- Dedicate time to peruse your NewsFeed to drop a line for Birthdays, Anniversaries, or to say Congratulations to your friends.
- Be a friend, have a friend. Support your inner circle of friends by engaging with their posts and hopefully when you post they engage as well.
- Make sure you respond quickly to messages on your Business Page by customizing your responses. Go to your Business Page, Settings, and under “Messages” you can personify your messages if you’re away, off-hours, receive an instant greeting!
My favorite tip to engage with your prospects, your biggest clients, or advocates/fans is to make sure you receive their notifications. You can do so by going to their profile and click on the three dots on the top right hand side.
Click on Turn on Post Notifications to receive a notifications on your Home Screen on your mobile phone whenever they post.
Why you want to do this:
Think: top of mind vs sales pitching by following the tips above for your Social Media strategy!
Would you like to learn more? Why not connect with me for a coaching session?
Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez, MBA is an award winning young professional. She has a background in sales and has been using social media platforms professionally since 2009. Her experiences stem from years of staying current on the latest in industry news, handling customer objectives, and creating a solid social media marketing plan.
Call 855-880-5082 or email at Valentina@Beyond-Engagement.com to learn more about her services.